Thank you KZ of The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic for the great Shine On award! Before you do anything else, please go check out her great blog! She has photos, writing, challenges, haiku, and interesting glimpses into her life and interests.
Thanks KZ. It’s so pretty, and I really appreciate your support of my blog.
And, as if this wasn’t enough, there are two more waiting for me from Lou, another wonderful blogger! Go over and visit her at Taking a Deep Breath You’ll find great photos, travel stories, stories from her life, a recipe or two, and did I mention photos?
She gave me TWO! The Beautiful Blogger Award, and One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so much. I am honored and appreciate your support.
As part of these awards I’m supposed to post 7 interesting things about myself. Hmmm… I suppose it’s supposed to be something I haven’t already said, and who is to say what is interesting.
1. I never told my kids that Santa is real. We “played” Santa to honor the spirit of Christmas and giving. I think we had just as much fun.
2. I was supposed to be a concert pianist, according to my mother. Much to her horror, I rebelled and went to nursing school immediately after getting my degree.
3. I like math and science. I’m not good at history, languages, or sports. (so what am I learning now? Spanish and tennis!)
4. I was a beekeeper in Florida. The hives were in the middle of my front yard but I had so many plants and trees, the neighbors didn’t even realize it until they saw me outside in my bee suit.
5. I was afraid of high bridges. I had reoccurring nightmares about bridges all my life. When I moved to Florida I forced myself to drive over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge enough to become comfortable with it. I no longer have bridge nightmares.
6. I also have a degree in computer programming. I eventually decided that being alone in an office solving computer puzzles wasn’t for me, and I went back to nursing.
7. I’ve painted cars, and did a very interesting custom paint job on a 75 Cadillac that I owned in the past.
Now for 10 awards to other bloggers I admire and appreciate….
http://indacampo.wordpress.com/ a fellow Panamanian expat and really cool person
http://s3city.com/ a great photographer in Moscow
http://rarasaur.wordpress.com/ as she says “frightfully wonderous things happen here”
http://windagainstcurrent.com/ kayak around NY harbor with him
http://hellboy2503.wordpress.com/ incredible photos of animals and birds
http://travel-monkey.me/ this monkey sure travels!
http://adogwithfleas.wordpress.com/ a wise and thoughtful woman
http://clotildajamcracker.wordpress.com/ another wise woman who will make you laugh
http://mycruisestories.com/ adventures on cruise ship voyages, with great photos
http://onemoregoodadventure.com/ a local friend and expat, who knows a lot of interesting stuff and has a great book
I know I nominated many of these for another award recently, but my favorite bloggers then are still favorite bloggers now. I have other favorites too but couldn’t put everyone on my list in this list, as much as I wish I could.
So, if you want to send an award or two, or all three along to some of your favorite bloggers, here are the rules: (and if you just want to enjoy the pat on the back, that’s perfectly fine too!)
• Display the award certificate on your website.
• Announce your win with a thank you and a link to the blogger who presented your award.
• Present 10 awards
• Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post.
• Post 7 interesting things about yourself.