the Last Set of Baby Pictures

I still had another bunch of baby photos that I hadn’t sorted through, so before we return to Panama subjects I figured I’d better get them up.

This entry was posted in family, Panama and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to the Last Set of Baby Pictures

1. Chandra says:

Oh beautiful! You all are so loving and he is so cute ๐Ÿ™‚ congratulations!
    Chandra

2. Elizabeth Oldag says:

Thanks for the pictures. He is so cute!

3. maureen says:

Hi Kris, What a beautiful baby! Congratulations! Is this your first? My husband are I are coming to Boquete, first trip, but with the goal of retiring there. One of the things I’m grappling with is leaving my grandsons here. (4, 2 1/2, 9mos, 4mos, and one on the way!) :-/ I know its only a plane ride,( or two, or a bus, or taxi). I havent gotten past the reality of leaving…how did you do it??
    thank you for your posts, they are delightful to read!

Thank you so much ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, he is my first grandchild.

INTERNET!! I would never consider a place without internet. I have a skype phone plan so I can call anyone in the US. I can send messages or video chat with my daughters or anyone else who has skype. Google also has video chat capabilities.

But also, we lived in Florida before here, and my daughters are in California (with grandson) and Texas (soon to move to Seattle) so I’m used to being quite a distance away from them. We visit when we can and the rest of the time we communicate by internet.

Four grandsons! Wow, congratulations. Traveling from here is complicated, as I talked about in my next post, but it certainly can be done. One reason we chose Panama is because it is much closer than some other places that might also be suitable.

• Anonymous says:

Thanks for the encouragement. I too have a son in California! And I’m in Florida.
        I started reading your posts from day one. A lot of what you write I can relate too and I’m learning about the area. So thanks again. I love the parking ticket story. Well I’ll keep reading. We booked our trip for March. Trying to get there sooner though. :-/

Really! So you’re also a long day’s travel from someone important. Before I moved we used to talk on the phone. Now with skype we use video more, so I actually feel like I’m seeing more of the kids than I used to.
          You’re reading the whole blog? Oh my, that’s a lot. But I feel like the blog is evolving along with my life so hopefully it gets better as you go along.
          Tomorrow we are going to Boquete. I’ll take some pictures!

4. Anonymous says:

Kris- Your grandson is gorgeous…really enjoyed viewing the pics. Isn’t it wonderful having Skpe? Makes the distance not so great.

Question: Since you’ve now lived in Panama for a few years, have you applied for, or do you already have the pensianado visa? If you do have it, are you still required to exit the country for said number of days each year?

By the way, it’s almost 2200, and it is 80degrees. Temperature rose to 106 today….indoors with ac was the extent of my day ๐Ÿ™‚

Anna

Thank you and yes, skype is a wonderful thing!
      I’ve actually only been here about 8 months. I won’t qualify for a pensianado visa until I get social security, which will be in a year. So yes, I need to exit the country every 90 days. As a tourist my drivers license is only good for 90 days, but my visa is good for 180 if I don’t drive.
      Yikes, good luck in the heat.

5. pattisj says:

Looks like one well-loved baby!

He already has two sets of grandparents wrapped around his finger, not to mention other family and friends so yes, lots of love for that family ๐Ÿ™‚