Weekly Photo Challenge: The World Through Your Eyes

Weekly Photo Challenge: The World Through Your Eyes

The instructions are: “we challenge you to take and share a photograph that shows a command of your frame. Lead our eyes somewhere. Make us focus on something.”

I figure the whole point of sharing a photo is to show you something as I see it through my eyes. I think this challenge wants me to get you to focus on one particular thing in a photo rather than a bigger scene. I’m not sure if these satisfy the challenge, but they satisfy me at the moment.

grasshopper

heliconia2

This entry was posted in Panama. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: The World Through Your Eyes

1. roaed says:

We have big red, black and yellow ‘hoppers here too, we call then graveyard grass hoppers as they are usually seen around the old grave yards.

2. NiinaMaria says:

Thanks for the pingback! Question, how did you do the photo linky thing?

LOL! I wonder if the challenge was directed a photographers who just snap away randomly? I love the color of the orange heliotropes, they almost look fake they are so bright. 🙂

I bought that plant shortly after we got here and it just now started blooming. What a nice surprise to see such beautiful, vivid flowers!

4. Love the vivid colour!

5. Kongo says:

Great photos, Kris!

6. I’d say you nailed it, and clarified the instructions for me. Seriously, I must’ve read the description of this week’s challenge 5x!
    I love the bird of paradise shot! One of my all time fave tropical plants.

I’m not saying I’m right, but after reading it a number of times also, that’s how I saw it. I love those plants too. There are so many beautiful varieties that grow here, if I wasn’t careful I’d have a yard full!

7. Rob says:

These are both beautiful photographs. I think they meet the photo challenge perfectly!

P.S. I read your About page. All I can say is WOW! You are so much more adventurous than I will ever be. But, I worry about the same things when it comes to retirement. My husband lives in the present. I think he’ll be shocked when retirement happens…Shhhh….

Actually, coming to live here isn’t nearly as scary as you would think. These are just people going to work, raising their children, cooking dinner… except for the language most things are very similar, and a lot of things are much better.

8. Pingback: Back to Ireland | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me