It is hard to believe my two year mark passed on the 10th of this month. The time has gone fast and it hardly seems possible. But, it also feels like I have been here long enough that this life is very familiar and my old life is very, very far away.
I haven’t been writing much this month. Besides feeling a bit under the weather, I also don’t think there is much to say. We have done errands, spent time with friends, driven around, done house and yard work, and all the other daily things that now seem so normal. Why would anyone want to hear about such mundane activities?
But, I am so touched to hear from readers and learn that this blog may have a lot of meaning for others. Through this I remember how I felt when we were thinking of moving, dreaming of a different life, and how I read or watched anything I could find. I think there are going to be more and more of us as life continues to be difficult in the US, and as we baby boomers reach retirement age and need options. I will keep in mind that life in Panama is not an ordinary thing. It is a dream and chance at a better and happier life.
An anniversary makes me think about goals for the coming year for the blog and for me personally
- I want to continue to develop the blog and the website as a source of useful information, and as a place for me to express myself in writing and photos.
- I hope to travel more and visit more places in Central America
- I want to continue learning more about the culture, history, and life in Panama, and to continue to nurture relationships with my Panamanian friends and neighbors.
- Of course, there is the eternal quest to master the language! I will continue the effort.
- There is a lot more for me to learn about photography.
- I plan to continue to my health and weight maintenance through healthy eating, exercise, and positive mental attitude.
- Last, but certainly not least, I want to be a legal resident here! We met with our lawyer recently and all our paperwork is in order. We will get a few more easy things together, get our background checks done in December (here in Panama) and then file the application.
I wish to express my heartfelt appreciation to all my blog readers who take their valuable time to visit, to read and view photos, and to leave comments. If there is ever something you want to know, something you want to see, something I can answer or show about our lives here, please leave a comment or email me at info@thePanamaAdventure.com