Awards!

Thank you KZ of The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic  for the great Shine On award! Before you do anything else, please go check out her great blog! She has photos, writing, challenges, haiku, and interesting glimpses into her life and interests.

shineon

Thanks KZ. It’s so pretty, and I really appreciate your support of my blog.

And, as if this wasn’t enough, there are two more waiting for me from Lou, another wonderful blogger! Go over and visit her at Taking a Deep Breath  You’ll find great photos, travel stories, stories from her life, a recipe or two, and did I mention photos?

She gave me TWO!  The Beautiful Blogger Award, and One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so much. I am honored and appreciate your support.

beautiful-blogger-award2             one-lovely-blog-number-21

As part of these awards I’m supposed to post 7 interesting things about myself. Hmmm… I suppose it’s supposed to be something I haven’t already said, and who is to say what is interesting.

1. I never told my kids that Santa is real. We “played” Santa to honor the spirit of Christmas and giving.  I think we had just as much fun.
2. I was supposed to be a concert pianist, according to my mother. Much to her horror, I rebelled and went to nursing school immediately after getting my degree.
3. I like math and science. I’m not good at history, languages, or sports. (so what am I learning now? Spanish and tennis!)
4. I was a beekeeper in Florida. The hives were in the middle of my front yard but I had so many plants and trees, the neighbors didn’t even realize it until they saw me outside in my bee suit.

English: Sunshine Skyway. Tampa Bay, Florida. ...

English: Sunshine Skyway. Tampa Bay, Florida. Photo © 2004 Thomas Parker (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

5. I was afraid of high bridges. I had reoccurring nightmares about bridges all my life. When I moved to Florida I forced myself to drive over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge enough to become comfortable with it. I no longer have bridge nightmares.

6. I also have a degree in computer programming. I eventually decided that being alone in an office solving computer puzzles wasn’t for me, and I went back to nursing.

7. I’ve painted cars, and did a very interesting custom paint job on a 75 Cadillac that I owned in the past.

Now for 10 awards to other bloggers I admire and appreciate….

http://indacampo.wordpress.com/ a fellow Panamanian expat and really cool person
http://s3city.com/  a great photographer in Moscow
http://rarasaur.wordpress.com/  as she says “frightfully wonderous things happen here”
http://windagainstcurrent.com/ kayak around NY harbor with him
http://hellboy2503.wordpress.com/  incredible photos of animals and birds
http://travel-monkey.me/  this monkey sure travels!
http://adogwithfleas.wordpress.com/  a wise and thoughtful woman
http://clotildajamcracker.wordpress.com/  another wise woman who will make you laugh
http://mycruisestories.com/  adventures on cruise ship voyages, with great photos
http://onemoregoodadventure.com/  a local friend and expat, who knows a lot of interesting stuff and has a great book

I know I nominated many of these for another award recently, but my favorite bloggers then are still favorite bloggers now.  I have other favorites too but couldn’t put everyone on my list in this list, as much as I wish I could.

So, if you want to send an award or two, or all three along to some of your favorite bloggers, here are the rules: (and if you just want to enjoy the pat on the back, that’s perfectly fine too!)

• Display the award certificate on your website.
• Announce your win with a thank you and a link to the blogger who presented your award.
• Present 10 awards
• Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post.
• Post 7 interesting things about yourself.

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Awards!

1. how great that your award shelf is getting crowded! congratulations!
    i enjoyed the trivia, madam bee keeper!

z

• kristc99 says:

hehe Yes, bees were a lot of fun and the honey was outstanding. Thank you very much for the congrats 🙂

• ah! i cooked biscuits yesterday and enjoyed some local honey, oh so good! my supply is low, and i’ll have to find more soon!

there’s a brand bought in the stores that comes from the andes and is from eucalyptus.. it’s STRONG – I like the local honey, which is strong as well, but a good strong!

a fisherman just caught a large red snapper/pargo in front of my house. i almost volunteered to filet and cook it, though i have too much to do than get distracted with cooking!

i have a coffee mug that says, ‘i need a wife!’

z

• kristc99 says:

Why can’t I reply to your comment? I’ll reply to my own and look like I’m talking to myself. ha! We have local honey here in the supermarket that is very good, lucky for us. I understand the need a wife idea! All those people asking… what are you going to DO when you are retired??? LOL

2. oldsalt1942 says:

Thank you so much for the nomination. I certainly never expected to be nominated for anything.

• kristc99 says:

Even better then! 🙂 Feliz año, o feliz nuevo año.

• oldsalt1942 says:

Okay, I know you’re new here, and while I’m a LONG way from being fluent in Spanish there are some things I know and you’ll pick up.

“Feliz” is for Navidad (Christmas) and cumpleaños (birthday). It’s not for New Years. That’s “Prospero Año Nuevo,” (Prosperous New Year).

But you’re catching on y es necesito aprender la idioma del pais donde vive.

3. kristc99 says:

The lady in the fabric store insisted it was feliz año. I thought it was odd so I asked her again and she confirmed that this is indeed what is said. I asked my friend at the Do-It Center and she said it is Feliz Neuvo Año, as did my friend across the street. So, I guess like many things here it just depends on who you ask.

4. Congratulations on your 3-pack of awards. Thank you very much for the nomination.

5. I love bridges and went to Florida this past summer. I live on a very limited budget so this trip was a stretch for my pocket book but i wanted to see family I had not seen in a while. While we were there she Sunshine Skyway bridge was on our list of must “sees” Trouble was we arrived in Tampa at the same time as tropical storm Debbie. The bridge was closed the during our entire visit. This was as close as we could get during a small window of sunshine and limited wind.
    Congrats on your award. sorry to go on and on, I just saw your bridge picture and….

Thank you so much for nominating me for my first award. As you can probably tell by my somewhat sporadic posts lately I’ve been a little busy and will be until after the in-laws leave. I shall return to claim my prize at a later date because I would like to do it justice! And thank you so much for calling me “cool”. I think that’s almost as great as receiving the prize! Karen

7. oldsalt1942 says:

A reason you should always have a camera with you…I didn’t today. I had to go up to the post office to check and see if a letter from one of my brothers had come through. It hadn’t but there was a banner up at the town hall that said: “Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año Nuevo! Alcdeia de Boqueron.”

• kristc99 says:

I agree with that. Every time I don’t have my camera I regret it. Our dentist said it’s feliz y prospero año. This is as bad as asking directions, something new every time! I’m sure that whatever you say, they will understand you are wishing them well. That’s something I love about the people here. They are so quick to respond to all greetings with lots of smiles and friendliness.

8. Congratulations, and thanks so much for the nomination!! We’ll definitely pass it on, hopefully still in 2012! 🙂

9. Pingback: Shine On Award | Cruise Stories

10. Pingback: Award Appreciation: We Thank Our Readers For… | Wind Against Current