That’s me, negligent. I’m not sure why. I think someone has sped up time. I’ve been busy and doing too many things to write about them, and now I see days have passed since I’ve been here.
- We had a fantastic Sunday with our friends and neighbors (which I still have to post about).
- The water has been out for a week now. It comes on at night, hopefully before we go to bed but it’s off again in the morning. There are various theories – construction is going on somewhere. There is too much rain so dirt gets in the system and clogs it. There is too much rain which washes out lines. It seems like someone is working on something or wouldn’t it just be off until its fixed, but what do I know? We’re doing fine with stored water, and I remind myself of the millions of people in the world who never have running water, but it does slow down various household tasks.
- We did some major food shopping – fish market, Canasta Basica for chicken, produce market, etc. But, this also involves packaging food for the freezer, making soups out of extra parts, chopping and storing produce, etc. But, I have a lot of good stuff on hand now and cooking should be relatively easy for the next couple weeks.
- I have actually studied some Spanish, not every day, but some days!
- I’ve also spent some time in the yard, not as much as I would like since I’d happily live out there, but that is where some of my time has gone.
So, these seem like good excuses, don’t you think? People wondered what we would do when we retired here. That has definitely not been a problem. And, the above list doesn’t include time spent chatting with friends and neighbors, email time, bike riding, a little reading, photographing bugs, and some relaxing in the evenings. We definitely are not bored in Panama! 🙂