Negligent Bloggers (aka Retirement is not Boring!)

That’s me, negligent. I’m not sure why. I think someone has sped up time. I’ve been busy and doing too many things to write about them, and now I see days have passed since I’ve been here.

• We had a fantastic Sunday with our friends and neighbors (which I still have to post about).
  • The water has been out for a week now. It comes on at night, hopefully before we go to bed but it’s off again in the morning. There are various theories – construction is going on somewhere. There is too much rain so dirt gets in the system and clogs it. There is too much rain which washes out lines. It seems like someone is working on something or wouldn’t it just be off until its fixed, but what do I know? We’re doing fine with stored water, and I remind myself of the millions of people in the world who never have running water, but it does slow down various household tasks.
  • We did some major food shopping – fish market, Canasta Basica for chicken, produce market, etc. But, this also involves packaging food for the freezer, making soups out of extra parts, chopping and storing produce, etc. But, I have a lot of good stuff on hand now and cooking should be relatively easy for the next couple weeks.
  • I have actually studied some Spanish, not every day, but some days!
  • I’ve also spent some time in the yard, not as much as I would like since I’d happily live out there, but that is where some of my time has gone.

So, these seem like good excuses, don’t you think? People wondered what we would do when we retired here.  That has definitely not been a problem. And, the above list doesn’t include time spent chatting with friends and neighbors, email time, bike riding, a little reading, photographing bugs, and some relaxing in the evenings. We definitely are not bored in Panama! 🙂

This entry was posted in Panama and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Negligent Bloggers (aka Retirement is not Boring!)

1. sunnymikkel says:

Looking forward to that life once we get into our rental home October 1. Good news though, our crate arrived, we have everything, safe and sound in our temp apartment. We will be volunteering at the Las Tablas Spay Clinic this weekend and we may have found our dog. Dottie posted 2 pictures of a homeless dog someone brought her, we fell in love, will pick her up after we move into the house. Going to the VA Briefing next week in Panama,. You know, you are right, we are busy in retirement! LOL

Even when you get settled, there always seems to be lots to do. Glad to hear your stuff arrived in good shape, and congrats on the dog. There is nothing like a good dog by your side!

Oh, right on! I don’t know why people ever thought we’d be bored! 🙂

3. tombseekers says:

SunnyMichael – you will love the dog Dottie rescued. He will love you all too and make a wonderful pet.
    Kris – understand completely. There’s a lot of life that gets in the way here. I always wondered why people blogged as they were moving here and then stopped within a few months. Just got home from the border run and David has his men’s lunch, we have to feed the animals at La Jungla and a party this evening. But isn’t that why we moved here 🙂

Welcome home 🙂 I called Holly last night and she told me you had the pleasure of an overnight getaway. ha!
      Yes, this is why we moved here, to do what we WANT to do rather than what we must. We are fortunate that there are so many things we want to do that we will never be bored.

4. Great post, Kris! It’s difficult to multitask isn’t it? We just have to take one day at a time, but oh so glad to be retired. 🙂

I’m so used to having to multitask at work that it’s a wonderful relief to not have to do that any more. I’m much better at focusing on one thing at a time, and it’s so good to have the luxury to do that.

5. Shelley says:

The best part of being retired is doing what you want to do, when you want to do it!

6. D. Quijote says:

Newspaper says they are cleaning the water takes due to damage caused by rains.http://www.prensa.com/impreso/nacionales/davidenos-agua-potable/205694

Thank you! So my neighbors were right – it is related to the heavy rains and dirt in the system. The water seems to be back on today, I’m happy to report, so hopefully they are done with their repairs for awhile.