I ran across this article on writing about the benefits of writing. I don’t write this blog as a mental health thing for myself, but rather to record and remember various things that interest me, and to keep friends and family up to date if they want to check in. I do enjoy writing though, and I enjoy the people I have met through this blog. I like being able to express myself, to communicate, and connect with others.
According to the article –
- Writing can help improve your mood and make you happier
- Writing helps you communicate by helping to organize and clarify your thoughts
- Writing helps you work through hard times
- Writing about good things in your life increases your gratitude
- Writing things down help you get them out of your head and clears space in your mind
- Writing helps you learn because you often need to look for new information, inspiration, and insight
- Writing can be leadership. Your words can influence others. Even criticism can help you grow.
So, if you are inclined to write here are some good reasons to encourage you. For more detail on the above points, click the link at the beginning of this post.
Maybe writing has helped me more than I thought. I know it definitely helps me organize my thoughts and sometimes helps me clear my mind. I have learned a lot through researching various topics and seeking out experiences. And, best of all, I have met a lot of great people and made many good friends.