Summer Flowers in Panama

It’s summer now. I know, it sounds backwards to me too, but it’s definitely a different season here. We’re getting very little rain and a lot more wind.  It’s a bit warmer in the daytime but still comfortable with the breezes and lower humidity, and it’s a bit cooler at night. Everything seems to be blooming! Everywhere you look – trees, shrubs, gardens, the woods, everywhere there are new flowers.

The last couple days, I have been taking pictures of some of the flowers I’ve seen on my bicycle rides. It’s been really windy and I know it’s crazy to try and take photos of flowers in the wind, but I see so much around here I couldn’t stop myself. I don’t know what many of these are, so if you recognize anything feel free to fill in the blanks!

Click on any picture to take you to the gallery where you can click through the photos.

This entry was posted in Exploring the Area, Flowers, Panama, photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Summer Flowers in Panama

1. Sorry I was going to comment on all the beautiful pictures but after seeing the tree with cashews, I’m off to the store 🙂

• kristc99 says:

LOL and I went to the store today, and there was this jar of cashews, and now there is a jar at my house. They are actually very interesting things. I did some research… they make a fruit later and the cashew is the seed at the end of the fruit. But, there is a toxic substance in the shell which is neutralized by roasting. I’m glad I found this out before I started sampling the nuts on the trees!

2. Gorgeous! you are right! it’s sure looking like summer!!!!

3. Phyl Smith says:

How beautiful! Just warms my heart this cold January day. Thank you!!!

4. Pingback: Photo of the Day – Just a Drop « Out-of-Focus Photography

5. oldsalt1942 says:

The only problem with so much in bloom this time of years is what it does to my nose. If I could figure a way to market snot I’d be a wealthy man.

• kristc99 says:

Unfortunately I don’t see a market for it, just a market for allergy medicine. Here’s another reason to pray for a bit of rain to settle the dust and pollen in the air.

6. beautiful photos! i love seeing all of them on this extremely-rainy day! z

• kristc99 says:

It’s raining there? If you get tired of it, send it over here. If you can catch a break in the rain though, sometimes that’s a wonderful time for photos when the sun isn’t beating down and everything has water drops.

• si; our rainy season kicked off early this month and has barely given us a break! it’s muddy muddy muddy! there’s one extra-cheerful bird that sings louder than the rain, and even before sunrise this morning, it was singing its heart out!
        yes, you’re entering the driest part of your year, aren’t you? i noted that some of the heliconias had that dry season look!

• kristc99 says:

Yep, it’s getting very dry here, no rain for quite a while now. Word is it will be dry until April. We’re not that far from each other. Interesting how different the weather is! Good luck with yours. All that mud must get old.

Mucho más difícil de tomar fotos de mariposas también! Muy bonita once again!

8. kristc99 says:

Ah si, es verdad. Siempre están volando. Muchas gracias 🙂

9. Joel Cunningham says:

Love the photos, especially the cherry-like fruit shot, very professional looking to me. I miss so
    many of these images when out riding with you, thank you so much for capturing the beauty around us!