Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique

Weekly Photo challenge: Unique

These may not be unique, but they certainly are unique to me!

A very interesting spider web. I'm not sure what the white threads are. (photo by Joel)

A very interesting spider web. I’m not sure what the white threads are. (photo by Joel)

A very cool looking red headed lizard! (Photo by Joel)

A very cool looking red headed lizard! (Photo by Joel)

A very pretty bug that flew in one night and landed on our kitchen wall near the light.

A tiny but beautiful bug on my finger.

A tiny but beautiful bug on my finger.

Maybe the most unique of all – this tiny bug collects lint and carries it on its back. The bug itself is very hard to see so usually you only see a lint ball running across your table. It’s very small, and this one is on Joel’s finger. (Photo by Joel)

Thank you Joel (of FindingMyselfInPanama) for letting me use a number of your excellent photos for this post!

Here’s some other posts for this photo challenge, found by Zemanta.

This entry was posted in insects, Panama, Photo Challenge, photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique

1. that spider web is definitely weird!

• kristc99 says:

I know! I never saw anything like it, and can’t figure out what is going on with it. I’ve seen others like it here so it must be something these particular spiders like to do.

2. joeltc1 says:

You’re welcome!

3. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique « patriciaddrury

4. A Dog With Fleas says:

They are all fantastic and so beautiful. Couldn’t help but stare at the little bug carrying the lint and the spider web. Both so different and nothing I have ever seen before. Loved them all!

5. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique Candle, Really? | Humbled Pie

6. chris13jkt says:

Those tiny bugs are amazing creatures. Thanks for sharing their pictures so that I know their existence.

7. cindy knoke says:

Stunning photos!

8. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique | Missionary IOU 差情尋

9. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unique | Jennifer Hartnett-Henderson

10. D. Quixote says:

You should prepare your recipes in “Panamanian cooking for…”
    The spider web is visible to birds saving the effort of making a new one every few hours.
    I am amazed that you found a copper head lizard; the invasive Asian specie eats them and take over their usual living spaces and since they are a lot stronger… That is weird to see nowdays. As a kid finding their eggs was a fun little game that today’s children have to replace with angry birds or something like that.

• kristc99 says:

I have occasional urges to organize things, so sometime I’m make a list of links to the cooking posts.
      Ahh, that makes sense about the spider webs.
      Copper head lizard? It was on the little wall that supports the fence around our yard. I tried to google it for more info but ended up with info about copperhead snakes. What is the invasive Asian species? We haven’t seen many lizards of any type here except for the little ones that are always on the walls.

• D. Quixote says:

Hemidactylus frenatus (the ones you are likely to see today on your walls- but not 20 years ago) house gecko is now established in at least 87 locations around the world outside of its natural range in Asia and the Indo-Pacific.There are many records of H. frenatus displacing or causing decline in native geckos throughout its introduced range ostensibly by competitive displacement. H. frenatus displaces endemic and ‘Vulnerable (VU)’ lesser night gecko becoming a cosmopolitan species with introductions to locations throughout the world including Central, South, and part of North America. Foreign gecko 1+, Panamanian 0000.1

• Anonymous says:

I don’t deserve credit for my comments; it is all in the Internet. I live in So. CA.

• D. Quijote says:

Hi,
        I don’t deserve credit for the comments; it is all in the Internet. I live in So. CA. where plant and animal life is booooring.
        Most likely I’ll see some of Chiriqui’s wildlife (mostly very small one) soon again.

• kristc99 says:

But, knowing that there is info to find (and leading us to it) deserves credit!
          I have a Florida friend with a similar on line name, thought you might be him. But, you are a new friend 🙂
          I’ll cross my fingers that you can visit Chiriqui. Thanks for your comments and visits to my blog.

11. Pingback: The Unique Pet Store By The Street | this man's journey

12. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Unique « Raven Photography UK

13. daniellajoe says:

Hello I’m enjoying your blog … I’m from Panama..

14. Wow! I never saw any of these before. Beautiful and unique. The red head lizard and the insects just took me by surprise. Fun one!

15. I’ve never seen insects so cute! 😀