Another Tree

I am endlessly fascinated by the trees here.  We were walking in a new area the other day, an open space where roads are being built in preparation for a new housing area. At the end of one of the roads was this magnificent tree.

tree1

The tree gets more interesting the closer you get.

I’ve been looking on amazon. There is a book there – Trees of Panama and Costa Rica. I think I need something like this. I’d also like to have a book about insects. According to “Insects of Panama and Mesoamerica” on amazon –  One of the highest concentrations of insect species in the world is found in Mesoamerica and the Isthmus of Panama. But, that is a subject for another day. Right now we are off to visit the river, and I’m taking the camera (of course!)

This entry was posted in expat, expatriate, Panama, photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Another Tree

That is a beautiful corotu tree. Our ceiling and beams are made of it and we have several in the campo around us. Aren’t the trunks cool? http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/traveler-magazine/photo-contest/entries/47654/view/

Thank you 🙂 It’s good to have a friend who knows all sorts of things about this area. Yes, they are very cool!

• indacampo says:

LOL! I’m just paying it forward. I’m not really as brilliant as I make out! I’m just curious…like you! 🙂

2. Robert A. Smiley says:

Looks a lot like the Cypress trees in South LA., big butress roots and all ! Almost makes me feel at home

3. roaed says:

The butress roots look a lot like the Cypress trees in South LA.

4. danjan66 says:

I have been following your blog for awhile now. My husband and I are coming to Panama this summer to look into possibly retiring there. One of the places we want to check out is David. We have been communicating with “indacampo” as well and would love to contact you to discuss your experiences, where to stay, etc. etc. Hope to hear back from you.

Absolutely! We’ve only been here 5-6 months and are hardly experts, but we would be happy to share whatever we know. I’ll send you an email.

5. that’s a beautiful tree!