The River in Summer

I know, it’s supposed to be winter, but in Panama it’s summer. We are getting no rain and it’s often very breezy. It’s drier, a little warmer in the afternoons, and a little cooler at night.

Someone commented on my blog that she would like to find this river, so yesterday we met her and her husband and had a wonderful time! We walked along the river and around our neighborhood. I loved the river in the rainy season when everything was lush and green. Now it looks different but equally as beautiful. Today there wasn’t much wind and I had some time as the sun was getting low in the sky. I thought this might be a perfect time to take some photos.

This entry was posted in Panama, photography, the River and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The River in Summer

1. joeltc1 says:

Amazing photos, I especially liked the second one, very surreal looking! Brava!

2. Amba Nair says:

Wow, you live near such beautiful surroundings. The first photograph is absolutely beautiful! Summer in Panama- I dream of the warmth there as I watch the snow fall outside my window 🙂

• kristc99 says:

Thank you! Yes, we are very lucky to be where we are. I’ll think of how beautiful your snow must be, but since I hate the cold I’ll enjoy it from afar.

Lovely Kris! My Bird of Paradise and banana leaves are all shredded and quite a few of the other plants have a definite tilt to the South! Still, I can’t help but love those North winds of Summer!

• kristc99 says:

The river has surrounded by hills so it’s a bit protected, and I’m sure the forest around our house helps too. Still though, our bananas look a bit shredded too.

4. Wow it’s beautiful over there! And it’s summer here too 🙂 Great photos!

5. kristc99 says:

Thank you! I love it by the river. I hope you are enjoying your summer too 🙂

6. Snapfairy says:

These photos are great! Lucky you ~ I am freezing here watching the snow come down. Makes me want to fly to Panama : )

• kristc99 says:

If you ever get a chance to come to Panama, do it! And yes, you’ll never have to worry about snow here. Thanks, so glad you enjoyed the photos 🙂

7. Congrats for the photos and for be so lucky and living in panama. At this moment, in Valencia i have seven degrees